Effective Bed Bug Treatments
A bed bug problem isn’t just an annoyance that causes you to lose sleep—these blood-sucking insects can pose a health risk to your family and pets! Bed bugs cause itchy bites and welts on your skin that can get infected or cause allergic reactions. Call Sound Pest Control when you discover the first signs of an infestation so we can stop them in their tracks!
When you partner with us for bed bug control, our exterminators will:
- Perform a thorough inspection of your home—including couches and mattresses—to detect any signs of the insects' activity.
- Create a custom treatment plan based on your needs and the findings of our inspection.
- Keep you updated on any and all treatments being performed in your home.
- Use family-friendly treatments to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Eradicate bed bugs in every life stage—including eggs.
- Implement preventative measures to ensure the critters don't return to your home!
Get Swift, Local Service
If you’ve been suffering from an infestation, you want them out as quickly as possible. When you partner with us for bed bug removal, our expert exterminators will be at your home as soon as they can to provide you with a free basic home inspection! Full home inspections are also available for purchase. If we discover bed bugs, we will pinpoint where they are in your home and develop a treatment plan based on your specific problem.
One Effective Treatment You Can Count On
Our in-depth inspections will save you money, time, and provide you with the relief you need. Don’t deplete your resources by paying for multiple services and inspections with the other guys—trust Sound Pest to give you the guidance you need to get bed bugs out once and for all.
How Do I Know If I Have Bed Bugs?
As bed bugs are generally only active while we are asleep, it can be hard to identify a bed bug infestation. But here are some common signs of bed bugs:
- Bites: Bed bugs feed on blood, so if you wake up with itchy red bites on your skin, especially in a line or cluster pattern, it may be a sign of bed bugs.
- Blood Spots: Bed bugs leave behind small, dark stains on bedding, mattresses, and other surfaces. These stains may be from their excrement or from the human blood that they have ingested.
- Shed Skins: Bed bugs shed their skins as they grow, leaving behind small, translucent shells.
- Live Bugs: Adult bed bugs are small, flat, and reddish-brown in color and are said to resemble apple seeds. You may be able to see them on your bedding, mattress seams, or other surfaces, especially if you look closely.
- Musty Odor: Bed bugs release a musty, sweet odor that can be noticeable in severe infestations.
It's important to note that not all people react to bed bug bites, so the absence of bites doesn't necessarily mean you don't have bed bugs. Additionally, bed bugs can be difficult to see and may hide in cracks, crevices, and other hard-to-reach areas.
Where Do Bed Bugs Hide?
Despite their name, bed bugs don't just hide in beds. In fact, due to their small size and flat bodies, these insects can hide in a variety of places in and around your home, including:
- Mattresses, Bed Frames, and Box Springs: Bed bugs often hide in the crevices and seams of mattresses and box springs, as well as in the bed frame and headboard.
- Furniture: Bed bugs can hide in upholstered furniture, including sofas, chairs, and recliners. They may also hide in drawers, under cushions, and in the crevices of furniture.
- Clothing: Bed bugs can hitchhike on clothing and hide in the seams and pockets of clothing, as well as in luggage and other bags.
- Carpet and Rugs: Bed bugs can hide in the fibers and edges of carpets and rugs, especially if they are close to the bed.
- Electrical Outlets and Switch Plates: Bed bugs can squeeze into tiny spaces, including electrical outlets and switch plates.
- Cracks and Crevices: Bed bugs can hide in cracks and crevices in walls, floors, and furniture, as well as in the folds of curtains and drapes.
- Other Hiding Spots: Bed bugs can also hide in a variety of other places, such as behind picture frames, in books, and in the folds of wallpaper.
Continuous Training for Expert Service
We continually train our bed bug exterminators on the latest advances in the industry, so you can rest assured knowing that we are using the best methods for extermination. Some of our treatments include:
- Family-friendly steam and heat treatments
- Affordable chemical treatments
- Effective bed bug traps
If you suspect that you have bed bugs, it's important to take action quickly to prevent the problem from getting worse. On top of calling a professional pest control service, it's important that you start washing and drying all bedding and clothing on high heat, vacuuming thoroughly, sealing up cracks and crevices, and using bed bug sprays.
With over 30 years of combined experience, Sound Pest Control is proud to be a leader in pest control throughout Northwest Washington. Our talented exterminators provide our exceptional services to: