Ants are one of the more common pests in Washington. When ants enter your home, they can leave a pheromone trail for other ants to follow, allowing other ants to find their way into your home. The queen can lay up to 800 eggs in a day and live for decades— leaving millions of young.
Reliable Ant Control for a Safe Home
Ants and other pests never stop trying to get into your home, which is why Sound Pest Control offers ant pest control to keep them out! With more than 30 years of experience providing pest control in Silverdale and the surrounding areas, you can trust that your home is in the best hands!
There are nearly 1,000 species of ants in the United States and, while not all are going to be in your home, understanding what species are affecting your home is vital for effective ant pest control. Our expert ant exterminators are trained to understand exactly what species of ants are plaguing your home.
Carpenter Ants are dreaded because they can cause structural damage to your home. They hollow out moist wooded areas to create a nest within them. Common places to find them are window sills, chimneys, cabinets near a sink or dishwasher, and hollow spaces like doors or wall voids. They tend to nest in the depths of your home, which means it requires a professional exterminator to effectively find and eliminate every trace of the colonies.
Not only will they chew their way through the wood in your home to enter their nest, but also to exit. Their main reason to leave their nest is to search for food, and they often leave a trail of particles that resemble sawdust behind them. Contrary to popular belief, they don’t actually eat any of the wood, but merely get it out of their way as they hunt for proteins and sugars to feast on.
Our expert carpenter ant exterminators are trained to know the signs of a carpenter ant infestation.
- A good indicator of a Carpenter Ant is its large size - most measure from 6 to 13 mm in length.
- The queen may be more than 25 mm long.
- As the colonies mature throughout late spring and early summer, they produce winged ants, called swarmers.
- Their job is to leave the nest and establish a new one elsewhere, putting additional areas of your home at risk.
Odorous House Ants
Odorous House Ants get their name because of the distinct smell that is emitted when their bodies are crushed, which is often likened to rotten coconuts. They enter your home in search of food, which they will raid your pantry and cupboards of, preferring sweets and meats. Their nests are often near:
- Warm, moist areas
- Wall crevices
- Heaters and water pipes
- Under carpeting
- Beneath floors
Their evasive nature makes it necessary for a professional ant exterminator to locate and eradicate their colonies.
While these ants are capable of biting humans, they do not cause much pain. Their main threat is to your food supplies, which can quickly become contaminated and therefore inedible, costing you money to replace groceries. They are also fairly resistant to DIY treatments like liquid or aerosol insecticides. Those methods often create more issues, scattering workers who create more nesting sites, increasing the severity of your infestation.
Odorous House Ants are smaller in size than Carpenter Ants, measuring 2.4 to 3.3 mm in length. Their colonies are typically several thousand workers with many queens, although they can become extremely large.
Family-Friendly Ant Pest Control
At Sound, we only use the best, state-certified ant control treatments to keep your family safe. Our ant control process includes:
- A free, no-obligation quote so you can rest assured you’re getting the best service at the best price.
- Trained, professional ant exterminators who will be with you every step of the way, keeping you informed and thoroughly addressing your concerns throughout the treatment process.
- Same-day local ant control when you call before noon.
- A comprehensive inspection of your home to determine the extent of your infestation, as well as potential entry points that are putting your home at risk.
- Ant extermination inside your home so you no longer have to worry about them parading around your kitchen, or any other part of your home, looking for food.
- An exterior seal around your home so ants can’t find their way back into your home. We focus on the cracks in walls, gaps in your foundation, broken window seals, and other entry points to guard your home against ants.
Enjoy Same-Day, Local Service
Ants don’t call you on the phone when they’re planning to infest your home, giving you time to prepare for their arrival. That’s why, here at Sound Pest Control, we’re pleased to offer same-day ant treatment when you call before noon. You can have one of our experienced ant exterminators at your door to eliminate ants before the end of the day. It’s just part of our dedication to helping our customers feel safe and secure in their homes at all times.
Don’t Live in Silverdale? No Problem!
We service neighborhoods all over Puget Sound! Our team of exterminators proudly services:
Don’t see your neighborhood listed above? Give us a call today at 360-698-2658 to see if we can service your home!